Visitors

October 28, 2013

Reading Rainbow- Day 1

I. Do. Not. Approve.
No, really. I don't.
I wish I'd chosen something else, because it's 11:00 pm on Day One and I've only read about a paragraph of 200 some-odd pages. I tried. I really did. But I've not been in the mood (nor am I now) to read page after page of positive self-help-y type writing when I'd rather go on a punching spree, letting everyone know e-x-a-c-t-l-y how I feel about everything.

It's been one of those days. and it's even more frustrating because if you think about it, it shouldn't be too hard. I'll be 27 in a little over a month, and I'm still having temper tantrums because it's "reading time". I suppose I'll never really come across as an intellectual in that sense. Sitting down for hours and reading just isn't something I enjoy. I don't wanna read! I don't want to hear about how great my life can be and how it's all "just in how you look at things." Saying "It's all in the power of words" really doesn't help me right now. Sure, because of that, I'm probably the exact person this book was written for, but I'm just not up for it right now.

I want to crawl back into my nice dark niche of criminal analysis, Japanese mechs (mechanical warfare *like Transformers  and Voltron*) and abnormal psychology. I want to know about the inner workings of the sociopath's mind. I want to know about the fear that grips people in the time leading up to their deaths. YOU can keep the love and sunshine, I'll take the Whiskey on the Rocks and cold hard facts.

But, I am a stubborn one. And so, despite all of this, I WILL read this book from cover to cover by next Sunday night.

*Someone once said I was a mix of Gil Grissom,  Horatio Cain and and Spencer Reid...(of CSI Las Vegas, CSI Miami and Criminal Minds) looking at my choice of literature, I'm not quite sure how to take that*

My favorite book when I was in high school ^^
I still have this thing somewhere in my house...

No comments:

Post a Comment