Visitors

November 3, 2013

Reading Rainbow- To be continued...

Notice anything...missing, like Reading Rainbow days 3-7?

That's because they never happened.

Yep. for the second time this year I've totally failed. It wasn't that it was too hard, I mean, it was only a bunch of words on a bunch of pages. It was more that I just didn't care and didn't feel like it. Truth be told, I could probably make it if I read today. I plowed through a psychology textbook from cover-to-cover over 3 days during my freshman year of college. With that in mind, it's not that it was too difficult, it's just that I didn't feel like doing it. I didn't care then and still don't now.

For the past few weeks, it's been hard enough convincing myself to get out of bed, eat  and put on clean clothes for work. So sitting down reading about the power of words really wasn't on my radar.

I chose the book because I thought I needed it, if that makes any sense. After all, coming off of 5 months of sleep deprivation and isolation because of studying wasn't exactly fun.  Perhaps I did need the message and still do, but for now, I'm gonna pass on it (at least until after getting dressed and pretending to care isn't such a chore).

BUT...

being the stubborn person I am, I'm going to try again this month. I'll go through a book in a week. It won't be that book, but it'll still be a paper and ink book. So there will be two weeks for November.

1 comment:

  1. Love the attitude of never give up. Just changing the pace for now. Do something you really like. It's gotta be fun and enjoyable or else you may be edging toward being down in the dumps. Get too far down and you may need help up.

    ReplyDelete