Visitors

February 6, 2013

Week one FINISHED


At midnight on Friday two weeks ago , I uncovered my mirrors. The first of 12 weeks was finished.

I actually wrote this a few weeks ago when I was doing it, but got distracted and never finished it.

It's probably for the best that they're covered right now, though. I'm sure I look like shit. Though that may be a reason that it's bad that they're covered. I've had a really shitty week, capped off with failing miserably at avoiding the mirrors at the gym. In my own defense, I was form-checking. I think that's acceptable, but still: looking at a mirror is looking at a mirror.

What have I learned? Honestly, not much. wait, that's  a lie.

I learned that I'm a lot more superficial and obsessed with how I look than I thought I was. Going a week without looking at myself was a huge challenge, and I failed miserably. The first day I was really self-conscious and kept messing with my hair in an attempt to make it look like I felt it should blindly. The second day, one of my students told me I was pretty, so I figured that I couldn't have been doing too poorly. The third and fourth days went without much ado. And then there was Thursday.

Ah Thursday. How I'd like to find something unpleasant and shove it up wherever a day of the week can have things shoved. I woke up angry and in pain. I went to the gym and had a workout that was a waste of time. I had to take the dog I'm watching to the vet and felt like a complete tool carrying this little terrier-rat thing through the streets looking for a vet, thinking something was seriously wrong, only to find out that it was stupid dry skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment