Visitors

July 25, 2013

Week 7- FINISHED


Yes, you read correctly. Your computer isn't missing anything there's no problem with my blog. There just aren't entries for days 5-7.


I failed and a half and I also took almost an entire week to write the "FINISHED" blog. Sorry about that.

I gave up because I was frustrated. There was so that I wanted to say, but I just couldn't say it.  Not speaking English definitely cut down on my snarking, though. Doing it in Korean or Japanese just wouldn't work because 1) I'm in South Korea and 2) a lot of people here know basic Japanese. So I was kinder this week, if for not reason other than forced omission.

I did miss my TV shows and my music and my video games, but the week made me realize how much English I really use and how much harder I could be pushing myself. My TV programs are in English, my music is in English, my video games are in English and with the exception of textbooks and the Korean book I purchased last week, all of my books are in English (not that I read them. hahaha)

The first day was probably the roughest. I went to watch TV and couldn't watch the series I had because even though it was in Japanese, the subtitles were in English. I had a hard time falling asleep because the series that I fall asleep to, while originally Japanese, had be re-dubbed in English.

Ah, music. I like more foreign music than I thought. Let's see, I have: Swedish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish (Mexican), Spanish (Colombian) and German. What can I say? I like what I like...There was also a lot of electronic and house that just didn't have lyrics. My favorite workout songs where a no-go, though. But I still had about 5 hours of Japanese Rhythm Game music to go off of.

It was irritating. But I got through it.  I found a few new way-interesting TV programs, as well. Sure, they come on at about 3~4 am, but they're still interesting.

My listening honestly got a bit better during the week, though I did still do some Mystery Science Theater-ing when I was totally lost. And I'm super thankful that many Korean programs have subtitles in Korean...

But yeah, I quit. The week was a bust. My test wasn't so hard.
I was at the gym on Friday night (because I'm that kind of awesome). I kept looking at the clock on the wall, and when it finally said 12:00, I switched it to the first English song in the mix...it was the ever-classy 3OH!3...



Words, I missed you!

No comments:

Post a Comment