Visitors

May 20, 2013

Beggar, Day 1


I'm hungry.

I had a great weekend and it was a lot of fun. The food was mildly disappointing, but oh well. That’s more because I have food hang-ups about certain things. (I can’t stand gelatinous broths). It sounds gross, I know, but it reminds me of snot and I just can’t do it. Ever since I saw my one uncle in the hospital, the sound of milkshakes in a straw makes me think of the machine in his room. So, I can't stand that, either.

But anyway:

I really didn’t plan this well at all. I haven’t cheated, and I don’t plan on it, but dang this sucks already! I had a few people who were going to bring me stuff at church on Sunday, but I wasn’t there. I didn’t get back until late, so going to see them then was out of the question. Luckily, I saw my favorite most awesome married with a baby people on Thursday. They gave me stuff for lentil curry and some canned prunes. I’m not complaining about the prunes, though...I actually like them.

I’m realizing now that this is WAY harder than I thought. Coming back from the airport yesterday I was hungry and we were heading for a rest stop…Sweet delicious caramel chocolate corn puffs…but I couldn’t eat them…I would have had to buy them myself and it was after midnight on Monday. So I didn’t buy them. And then I woke up on Monday *again* and didn’t know what to eat for breakfast…so it was oatmeal for breakfast and oatmeal for lunch. Sad Story.

I was really hungry by the time 4pm rolled around. Thankfully a package from home came and there was a Nutella & Go pack (came with little cookie breadsticks in a nicely partitioned container) I love Nutella. The chocolate hazelnut lovebaby spread is typically cause for ceremony and savoring. Not today. I was so hungry that I killed the package in a matter of minutes and used a box cutter to slice the package apart so I could lick the inside clean. Oh yes. Nutella never tasted so good. Hunger induced room spinning? Not any more.

I ate more than usual at dinner, as well. I would have enjoyed it, too, if it wasn’t for the fact that dinner sucked! I usually love the stir fried anchovies, but today they tasted like fake crab and soy sauce. The other sides were okay, but not great. But seeing as how it was going to be the main source of nutrition for the day, I didn’t complain. I ate what was available and then went back to class.
Tomorrow has GOT to be better...


From my awesome married-with-a-baby-friends



No comments:

Post a Comment