Visitors

May 28, 2013

Beggar, Day 7

So, I failed Saturday last night.  Oh man, did I fail.  I was supposed to meet someone, but the plan changed. Perhaps I should have taken that as a sign that I wasn't supposed to go out, since I would have been financing myself.....Logical, but no. I wasn’t about to change my plans.  I also didn’t eat before (my curry, spam and ramen rotation didn't look so appealing that night).  I also can’t remember the last time I drank water so my brain was not happy Sunday morning.

That never would have happened if I'd stuck with my concept for the week. My wallet wouldn't be empty and my ego (and head) wouldn't hurt.

I woke up with no telephone, but had a raging hangover. Typically I'd head to the MiniStop (a convenience store) and grab a Condition Power (aka Hangover Miracle Juice). I had no Miracle Juice, so that was no fun. But I learned that bananas are my friend! I had one kind friend give me about 12 bananas...good stuff. Another friend gave me prunes, another gave me digestive cookies and fiber bars. Are you trying to insinuate something, dear pals?! That was Sunday morning. 9:30 at night and I'm feeling a bit better. All day long, I had a bunch of things going through my mind. This is way more involved than I thought it would be. Sunday was perhaps the hardest...


After church, we went, as a group, to All That Barbecue. It's a great place, but it's not cheap (at least not by Korean standards). 15,800 won a person for dinner. That's about $15 for a buffet. I still couldn't buy food for myself, so I had to ask for MONEY. It was bad enough trying to ask people for food, but money? Suuuuuuck.  So I did it. I actually found five people at church who were willing to kick in a few thousand won (a few bucks) each to cover the cost of my meal.

And man, did I eat. It was a buffet...I had to get their money's worth!

No comments:

Post a Comment