Visitors

May 25, 2013

Beggar, Day 5




Photo: And so we enter week 3...it was only supposed to be for a few days to keep it stable, but my needle happy doctor wants me to keep it on for even longer! I WANT MY ARM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ㅠㅠ
WHY?!?!?!
I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. DO YOU HEAR ME? I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER AT ALL! I hurt my wrist in February snowboarding. Being the failface that I am, I didn't think anything of the throbbing pain. I figured it was just sore because I hadn't used it in that kind of motion (pushing off/bracing) for a while and I fell on it a few times. The pain subsided and I went to the gym, because that's my happy place. It got in the way every now and then, but I thought it was just being stupid. Yeah, almost FOUR months and 12+ needles later, this is what's up. I want to go to the gym. I can see the muscle definition fading and feel the stamina going away. I can't deal with this. Not giong to the gym makes me feel "off', like something is wrong. My two favorite hobbies are eating and working out. Since I've not been able to work out, my other hobby, eating, has taken the reins. Ugh...it makes my skin crawl. And of course, it's my RIGHT hand. My dominant hand. I can't hold a controller properly, so I can't even level up. Sad mutha mutha story.

*Okay. That's all for the whining today*

I'm no longer concerned about what to eat. It's more that I can feel my body on the verge of a revolt. I've been eating a rotation of curry, Spam/ Korean knockoff spam, bananas and oatmeal. I don't read nutrition labels. Actually, yes I do. But I only look for certain information. With that in mind, I had no problem with eating a can of Fam (fake Spam) for lunch Tuesday-Thursday. But anyway, I've been eating crap all week.


I actually ate quite a bit. Decent breakfast (a spam sandwich), lunch was curry and an apple and Oreos and dinner was seaweed soup with lots of side dishes.  A friend gave me my favorite shrimp chips the other night, so like a fat kid, I ate most of the bag.  But, I also ate an apple and a banana.  And drank some Coke.  Another class finished their book, so they had a book party.  Pizza.  So the director brought some pizza over to my class.  I'm not a fan of pizza, so I didn't eat any.  But it was nice that she offered.  I let my boys rock-paper-scissors to decide who got to have the third piece.  

This is not going well for me.  It's not even so much about the food thing anymore, I am just in a ridiculous funk right now.

My refrigerator is stocked, I have plenty of food, I have things to drink.  My friends have stepped up.  They have impressed me.  I'm still undecided as to whether this will have a long lasting effect, but I'm leaning towards perhaps maybe yes.

Sorry for the late post again.

Check back again later today for Beggar, Day 6.



No comments:

Post a Comment