Visitors

May 23, 2013

Beggar, Day 3


Sorry guys, I didn’t mean to post this late.  I started to write this, and then I got distracted, and then I went to work.  But any ways, yesterday was not as bad as I thought it would be.

So on Tuesday night I went out with these guys that I met online.  Well, not actually online, but through an application on a smart phone.  They were really cool and all, but more importantly: THEY BOUGHT ME FOOD!!! 

You see, a very beautiful thing about this country (for this week and because I’m not a man) is that men pay for everything.  I’ve offered to pay before, but might guy friends never let me pay.  It’s an honest offer, though.  I really feel uncomfortable having them pay for me, but dang if it doesn't help when I'm broke!  I don’t find it condescending, if that’s the right word.  It’s kind of nice I guess.  But anyway, like I was saying, I got to eat good food and drink and not pay for it. 

The guy I’m kinda seeing lets me pay for things.  But I know he doesn’t like it.  He actually told me that he feels bad about it.  I don’t want him to feel bad.  It’s just a cultural thing.  While I understand that it is *I’m probably gonna piss off somebody here* the man’s job to provide, the fact that I want to help shouldn’t be a burden.  When I see him, I do sometimes pay for meals, and we go back and forth on transit costs.  But it’s OK.  I work, I have a job.  He's still a student (and studying law, at that).  I don’t like that there’s a sense of shame in having your woman pay for stuff.  That’s not OK.  But enough about that, back to the food.  

I did cheat yesterday.  It was very small, but a necessary evil.  I haven’t been feeling well, actually that’s an understatement.  I am all kinds of messed up right now.  I feel like that dorky kid in school who had a fanny pack full of creams and pills.  No really, I do.  I had curry for breakfast, which was fine.  But then I went to the doctor, and * SIDENOTE *

Why is it that whenever you have an embarrassing problem or some other issue that you don’t want people to know about, that’s when you see every one you want to avoid?  No, REALLY?!?  No joke, I really want to know.  Some time ago I had scabies.  I was in college, and according to my doctor I probably got it from using the towels provided by the gym.  So, I got a prescription for some cream.  The pharmacist obviously knows what it’s for.  And dang if he wasn't a gorgeous piece of man.  *facepalm* See, I learned my lesson from that, and now I check to see before I hand it over… That didn’t help me yesterday.  I walked in and saw a woman, that was fine.  I wouldn’t care if she was a supermodel, because she’s a woman.  So I handed her my prescription and sat down.  My face went a million shades of red when, much to my chagrin, freaking Adonis walked out from behind the medicine rack and called my name.  I know I’m not there to get a date, but still.  THAT’S NOT THE POINT!!!!  The point is…just…AUGH!!  If he was ugly or old I wouldn’t have cared.  But there are some things that you just don’t want good looking people to associate you with.

But yeah, so I took the medicine, and it was powerful stuff.  The room was spinning and when I stood up during class I hit the floor.  Apparently, a banana does not suffice when you’re supposed to “take with food”.  So I bought ice cream for my kids, bought myself a pack of crackers, ate two, and no longer felt quite as close to death.  In my defense, I gave the remaining 10 crackers to students in the next class.

My boss also mentioned that I’m eating more.  I usually eat a lot, but I don’t eat a lot of rice.  Usually my rice bowl is ¼ full.  But this week, I’ve been going back for seconds.  Hahaha.

I’m getting kind of stir crazy; this week is a perfect storm of sorts.  My wrist is still in a splint, so I can’t work out.  My body is revolting against me, so I have a box full of medicine.  I am not buying myself food this week, so I can’t mindlessly stuff my face.  So, I am lazy, sedentary, drugged up, rationing and it’s just not working out for me.

I know, I'm all over the place today.  Sorry.

In the middle of work yesterday, I really wanted a sandwich.  No, I R-E-A-L-L-Y wanted a sandwich.  I don’t even like sandwiches, I just wanted one.  I think it was because I couldn’t buy one.  Seriously, it’s like the moment you can’t have something you want it.  It’s the only thing you want, it’s all you can see.  And then once you have it, it’s like “what was the big deal?” That’s how I feel about my sandwich.  It was teasing me yesterday.  The kids were picking out ice cream, and that sandwich was just staring at me.  It probably doesn’t even taste good.  But it was taunting me something awful.  Stupid sandwich!

Today is Thursday; I have four full days left.  Let’s see how it goes… 

No comments:

Post a Comment