Visitors

May 28, 2013

Week 5- FINISHED!

Sorry about the late posts. I'm fighting a losing battle with apathy. At least, I'm going to call it apathy, rather than the much more likely alternative. Go to sleep early, wake up late, don't feel like eating or doing anything. Just being awake is draining. I don't even have the TV on, I'm just in my room lying in bed. This isn't me. I'm up by 6am and don't go to sleep until 1 or 2 in the morning. I live in the gym, eat like a teenager and have more energy than an 8 year old...my bed and I are mortal enemies! So why can't I just do it?.....

But enough whining like a child (that's what MySpace and Twitter are for)

My fifth week was rough, but not for the reasons i thought it would be. As you saw in the pictures, I received more than enough food from my friends and other people. I wasn't hungry at all. but a friend pointed out that I had it easy. He suggested that perhaps I should only ask for food before each meal, rather than stockpiling it for the week. that would have been much more difficult, as I don't live near anyone and refuse to ask my kids for food!

I suppose I should be all grown-up and accept that perhaps I should ease off of my 'isolationist' tendencies, but who knows. While I appreciate that I have friends and acquaintances who are willing to help, I don't ever want to rely on them. A boost (or well-placed kick) every now and then is okay, but complete reliance on others? No. Just...no.

The other thing is, I asked people I really knew. How much more difficult would it have been if I had asked the people I'm not so familiar with or fond of? That probably would have made for an exponentially more "interesting" week...

This is coming along much better than I had hoped, though. Originally it was just going to be me trying different stuff, just to see if I could do it. But I see now that it's actually making me take a step back and look at stuff and think while I'm doing something different.

Moral of Week Five's Story: Every now and then, a little...assistance isn't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment