Visitors

March 15, 2013

Decision Made.

So I'm quickly running out of time in March, as well. The months are just flying by...oh man.

What to do, what to do...

So I've decided, after much consideration and research (read: poring over pictures of food), to go vegan for a week.

Yes. Abso-frickin-loutely vegan. No bread, meat, eggs, cheese, fish, ham, cheez wiz, dried squid, shrimp flavored chips, lollipops *gelatin*, or post workout milkshakes with yogurt.


 It'll be hard! I know because being being vegetarian in South Korea is difficult enough, let alone full-on vegan. I remember how hard it was go find a meal out with friends when one was a vegetarian. They'd order a rice roll and say "no meat", only to find fishcakes and ham in them, because "ham isn't meat". (Korean ham isn't really ham as far as I'm concerned, but it's still got dead animal bits in it. Dead animal=meat).  Going vegan would mean meat, fish and all associated products. Landmines ahoy! Most food is started with a fish based broth or has bits of ground meat or baby fish in it.

Then there's the whole idea of not eating meat. Speak life, speak success, blah blah blah...I know, I know. I also know that I FRICKING LOVE MEAT! I wake up in the middle of the night just to cook and eat steak or fried egg (I've never been big on ice cream as a midnight snack. Midnight steak= great sleep). I went vegetarian for Lent last year and was miserable. At one point, I found myself having a meal of Utz Cheez Balls (amazing snack food goodness) and barbecue sauce.

I would like to see if I can actually do it, though. and if I AM going to do it, then I'd best get on it before barbecue and picnic season is in full swing. I can't imagine passing up beer and pork belly on principle *True Story*

I know there are plenty of "iffy" things and technical "no-foods" that I shouldn't be eating, but I'm not gonna go totally crazy, here. If it turns out that my kimchi isn't vegan, my bad. I'm doing this as a challenge, not because I really think that veganism is the way to go....I'm def looking forward to the oversized serving of pork, eggs and cheez wiz that will inevitably follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment