Visitors

March 25, 2013

Vegan, Day 7

FINISHED.

At least almost. Yes, I'm writing this is post-dated, but oh well.

Sunday wasn't so bad. I didn't do much, but man was the temptation strong.

After a week of chili, pasta and oreos, my body was more than a little angry. I made a cereal of sorts: rice, canned raspberries, honey and soy/black bean milk. That was good and felt kinda nutritious. Then I had some wannabe OJ. It was called "Squash Orange!" but there was no squash in it and it tasted like Hi-C mixed with Sprite. It wasn't a bad thing, but it wasn't really OJ.

Then for lunch, I had the rest of my potatoes and broccoli mixed with the remainder of my pasta sauce. Strange, I know, but I don't waste food and I didn't feel like spending money.

Then I went to church. I wanted a snack, but there's no vegan streetfood. I considered the ddeokbokki (spicy rice cakes), but they're boiled in fish broth and cooked with fish paste.

I ended up just buying a pack of salted seaweed and eating cherry tomatoes. Yeah, r-e-a-l-l-y satisfying when you want the salty crunch of potato chips and the chewy savory goodness of squid jerky.

The end of the day came and went. As it got closer and closer to midnight, I got more and more excited about my next meal...

No comments:

Post a Comment