Visitors

March 23, 2013

Vegan Day 5 and 6

I got lazy and didn't feel like writing, so I didn't. It was nice, though. I woke up and decided to go to the gym and hammer it out, lack of energy be damned.

A friend suggested that I eat more beans, but for reasons related to the well-known camp song ("Beans, beans. They're good for your heart...) I will NOT be doing that.

I made it through the day okay...packed a TON of snacks, though. Half an Asian Pear (which is not a small fruit), chili peppers and pepper paste, Oreos and more tea than I ever thought I'd need. Ate them all within an hour of arriving at work. I eat because it's there....


Now, I went out for the night, and THAT was a learning experience. I figured "it's okay, I'll just pick over whatever we order. I'll be fine." Yeah, not so much. EVERYTHING had meat or cheese or fish or a combination of the three. We finally settled on a fruit and yogurt fondue platter and bacon cheese fries *tears of sadness*. FRIES ARE NOT GOOD PRE-DRINKING FOOD. THEY ARE NOT FOOD. THEY ARE APPETIZERS!!!  I wasn't thinking about that, of course. I was just looking forward to the night and imbibing at my usual pace...

Flash forward a few hours and we hit my favorite bar for my favorite drink: a Faust. ( 151 Rum, Jagermeister and Yukon Jack)
Why hello there, my vegan friend
Two Fausts and a G&T later and my brain's all fuzzy. There wasn't nearly enough alcohol for that to happen. I'm gonna blame it on the lack of substantial food and water (I can't remember the last time I drank water...just not a fan of the stuff) Anyways, the moral of the story is that only eating a handful of french fries and fruit before getting cozy with Faust and friends is not a good idea. It's 9.30 and my head still kills...


The week is almost over. Yes! I want food. I definitely took the ease of omnivorous life for granted. I want to go to the store and grab a bag of chips, but right now I can't. Candy has gelatin, chips have meat powder in the flavoring, cookies have eggs, bread has eggs/milk, beer has bone char...even the vegetables have meat in them for flavoring or coloring! Definitely learned a lot, most likely won't do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment