Visitors

March 19, 2013

Vegan, Day 2

So I survived the first day, nice.

I didn't even crack, though I'll admit that at the end of the day I really wanted to. I woke up around 3am, jonesin for my usually mid-sleep snack of tuna and kimchi...Yeah, SO not vegan. So I had to settle for a roll of Oreos and some soy milk. (definitely didn't hit the spot, but it was better than nothing, I suppose)

I had another strange dream. This time, I was at a beach-type place. I had delicious squid, and it was gigantic, bigger than my face (and I have a pretty big face). Anyways, long story short, the squid came to life when I put it on the fire (reminiscent of the "odori-don" videos I watched last week) and ATE MY LOBSTER. THE SQUID ATE MY FREAKIN' LOBSTER AND RAN OFF INTO THE OCEAN! THAT DELICIOUS JERKFACE STOLE MY LOBSTER! Then I woke up.

But today wasn't so bad. Breakfast wasn't bad, lunch (my sweet potato chili) was amazing. And then I came to work. Again, this is where the temptation comes in. I had more people offer me stuff and wonder why I turned it down when I'm "always hungry". They served kimchi stew with pork, stir fried anchovies (my favorite side dish), and soy sauce marinated quail eggs. I was dying inside...

Then I got a text message from a friend reminding me that I was supposed to go to her house tonight for samgyeopsal (pork belly) and beer...neither of those things are vegan. I love samgyeopsal. I love beer. WHY?!?!?!

Then, a coworker invited me out for gopchang with her her boyfriend. Gopchang (beef intestine) is amazing, and rarely if ever do I get a chance to eat it, as most people refuse to touch it.

I. Want. To. Cry.

But I won't quit. I'll go to dinner and not touch the meat. I'll eat side dishes. I'll stuff my face at home with pasta and rice and corn silk tea. Then I can go and say that I'm just not hungry (even though it's a dirty dirty lie).

I'm not cut out for this in the long run, but I can make it a week!


No comments:

Post a Comment