Visitors

April 17, 2013

No Pants, Day 3

For reasons totally unrelated to my ability to say "I'm not wearing pants", I am in a very good mood today. In fact, it's the best I've felt for several months.  I highly doubt that it will last, but hey, I'm not gonna argue with it.

Day 3...so far so good. I didn't go to the gym this morning, so I didn't have to deal with the old women or get dressed before I went out. Instead I stayed home and attempted to clean my apartment. That didn't work too well. I managed to get some cleaning done, but not before I broke my vacuum.

I was able to squeeze in a t shirt, so that's nice. I miss t shirts. I can't deal with this "pretty people" isht all the time. I wanna eat something and wipe my hands on my pants. I can't do that with a dress. It SHOWS and seems...strange(?) On that note, why is it okay to wipe your hands on your jeans, but not on a dress? Really. I'm gonna have to wash it either way, why kill trees using paper towels. (Don't even get me started on those "paper saving dryers". They barely get the job done, if they're even working at all!)

Last night, I went to a festival with a friend. It was really nice. I guess that was an okay place to wear a dress. I'll not be making a habit of it, but hey, it's not so bad. I've never been the girly girly type. Yes, I do my nails every now and then; yes, I like a bit of eyeliner; yes, I collect formal gowns and do love me some sky-high heels...but you're not gonna see me rockin' out in a pink dress covered in so much glitter that it looks like a fairy threw up on it.

Things are changing. As much as I hate to admit it (and I really do hate to admit it), wearing a dress isn't so bad. I won't make a habit of it, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be.


Apparently I look like an old Filipino woman...(so say my students)

No comments:

Post a Comment