Visitors

April 12, 2013

Week 4- No Pants

Hahahaha, I'll never get tired of saying that, but then again, that's what happens when you're 26 with the maturity level of a 10 year old boy. No pants! I'm not gonna wear pants! Pants-off Dance-off! (ok, I think I'm finished for now).

Random pants-related story that I'm no longer ashamed to tell:
I was leaving late for school one day (when I was going to a community college). I had a test that morning, so I was flying around the house like a crazy person...getting to school was only half the battle. The real problem came with finding a parking spot! Within 10 minutes I had gotten ready and eaten a full breakfast (cereal doesn't cut it for me), so I ran out the door. Suddenly my mom yells out the door "Hey! Wait!" I was kinda mad, because I was running late. What could she possibly have to say that couldn't wait? I mean, that's what cell phones are for, right? Yeah...not so much. "What?!" "YOU'RE NOT WEARING PANTS!" Look down. Look up. Oh crap. She was right. I had on my sweatshirt, shoes and socks, but NO FREAKING PANTS!
The end.


Here's the Deal
I'll only wear skirts or dresses outside for the week. leggings and a long shirt don't count. Believe me, I'd already thought of that and then realized that it would sorta kinda (really) defeat the purpose. Just for the record: leggings aren't pants, and they shouldn't be used as such, despite the ease and comfort of doing so. I wanna see if I can actually do it.

Say What?!
Yep. Including my daily 45 second commute to and from the gym, I'll be all legs for the week. I don't have a lot to work with, but I'll see what I can do. And just for kicks, I'll post a picture everyday.

Why?
Because I love pants. Except when I'm at home, then they're the first thing to go when the door closes (but you didn't really need to know that...). Nah, I'm in the middle of doing quite a few things differently in my life, and I figured, "eh, why the hell not?" I mean, really though. Why not? I've surprised people in random ways already (yes, I play the flute, knit, do my own alterations and know how to bake on a gas range).  I've already got an entire class of girls wondering if I even OWN a skirt.

But it's not just the love of jeans and being able to jump around like an idiot and sit on the floor and sit on the table. Nah, there's an entire "ensemble" that has to follow. So that means shoes, which means leaving more than 1 minute before work because sprinting in heels (though totally doable) is not "ideal". Thankfully in South Korea many people change into slippers at work (and going sock-less is a no-no), so rocking a skirt, Pororo socks and Adidas-style sandals is totally cool. 

Additionally, I'll be able to wear makeup without my kids going "Teacher pretty today. Teacher...you date?" When they say that, I blush (yes, people with darker skin CAN and DO blush...and tan and burn). It's sickening. Especially since the last few times it's been true, and once I've been found out I'm really bad at recovering and the students know that and just keep prying until I start laughing like an idiot.

My thoughts exactly

1 comment: