Visitors

April 18, 2013

No Pants, Day 4


Is it Monday afternoon yet?! Right fricking now. I can't take this isht. I want to put on my pants and run and jump and ride my bike and kick stuff and bend over and sit on my desk and spin in my chair and wear my crappy loafers and my various stupid t shirts. Even the novelty of saying "I'm not wearing any pants" is starting to wear off.

If one more person asks me "Why are you pretty?" I'm gonna flip. Seriously. Okay guys, I get it. I look like isht on a regular basis and it's front damn page news that I have the ability to not look like a man. OKAY ALREADY! I FRICKING GET IT (>_<)

On a side note:
Dear daily skirt/dress wearers:
HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO IT?! Seriously, don't you ever want to just sit on the floor or on a table? I can't do it and it makes me sad.  While I *in a strange way, kinda the same as seeing someone in visual Kei* admire your adherence to whatever standard of beauty you're holding yourself to...hot damn it's irritating. [If you don't know visual kei, look it up]
 
I have on a wool skirt today. I was wondering why I'd only worn it once since I bought it. Then I got out of the house and remembered VERY QUICKLY. This thing rides up like a jockey at Preakness. I could have gone home and changed, but I was running a bit late and figured that it wouldn't be that bad.

I. WAS. WRONG.

I've been at work for just a few hours and have realized that I can't even SIT DOWN without feeling a bit more naked than usual. I'm wearing tights, but they're not really helping. This kind of northern movement in clothing is usually accompanied by lousy music, platform heels and a cheap buffet that no normal human should ever consider eating. My solution: grab my sweater and tie it around my waist.

Perhaps I'm overreacting, after all, it does still  pass the fingertip test (stand up straight, hands at your sides. If the hem is past your middle fingertips, you're good to go), but dang it's awkward. This is the land of the the miniskirt. You know how stockings have that line..the "panty line" or whatever it's called? Yeah...if you can't see it here, you're wearing a long skirt. That's not how I work, but, whatevs.  My director said I looked very nice today. So apparently, the more naked I feel, the better I look. *facepalm* I refuse to walk with a book behind me, though. It's rather common to see girls around here walking with books behind them, because every step they take gives a rather indecent show to anyone behind them. Same with walking up the stairs.

Stockings, pantyhose, tights, leggings...whatever you want to call them: if I can see what's in the circle, YOU NEED SOMETHING LONGER!
The weather is nice and I'd love to ride my bike. Taxis cost money and I don't know the bus route to my friend's house. Monday, come quickly.

I've a sorta-date tomorrow night, right after work. The first time I met this one I was wearing jeans and my "kill all design" t-shirt and still had dry erase marker on my hands. Then on Saturday, I've an "actual" date. *GOING OFF TOPIC, DON'T KNOW IF OR WHEN WE'LL BE BACK*

Dating around. Hey, why not? I'm single-ish (but that could change rather quickly). Anyway, For the longest time, my partners in late night shenanigans swore that I was gonna be a player for life, because I have too many men as friends. Nevermind the fact that they don't see me as a girl, someone else will. ("Do you know any single girls?" "*AHEM!*" "No...I meant girls. Like, girls, girls." BWAHAHAHA). Now that I'm finally out of that disgusting funk I've been in for the past few months, I'm ready to own up and get started. Leaving a trail of broken hearts and crushed dreams takes time, you know *evil laugh*

*AND NOW BACK TO WHERE WE WERE BEFORE*
 I don't wanna meet them in a skirt or a dress! Definitely can't have these people thinking I'm "pretty" and "classy" and all that mess! I'm a t-shirt and jeans, straight shots of whiskey, running shoes, lick-the-ketchup-off-my-shirt kind of girl!

If I were a company, the Better Business Bureau would be all over me for deceptive practices and false advertising. *shaking my head* Breaking the rules left and right, my friends. Left and mutha mutha right.

Day 4- The skirt that refused to know its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment