Visitors

April 21, 2013

No Pants, Day 7

So today should be the last day, except that I came home in jeans last Monday, so...almost, but not quite.

I had a good time last night, and he even complimented my outfit (thanks, friend! I never would have put that together myself). He was tall and had amazing hair! (I've got a thing for nice hair...good hair just...KILLS ME). But enough about that, this is NOT the place for me to be carrying on about my date. That's what diaries are for..

I went to church today and felt like an idiot. I had one pair of shoes that would have gone with my outfit (because I don't believe in flats. Stilts or sneakers, there is no middle ground), and they hurt my feet. I knew they'd hurt my feet. They're lovely little demons, my plaid $10 heels from the market. But damn, do they hurt after a few minutes of wear. I'm a sucker for punishment and have an oddly high level of pain tolerance, so I slipped them on and walked for a taxi (2 minutes). O-U-mutha mutha-C-H.  BAD IDEA.

So then I got to church and it wasn't so bad. I had a few friends tell me that I looked nice, and that I should consider dressing like a girl more often. I wasn't offended. My one friend, man. I love him like a brother, so it's quite alright that he said that I should dress like a girl more. The wifey would have smacked him if she'd heard that, though. She doesn't quite understand our dynamic and would have thought he was just being a jerk. But yeah, positive reinforcement is nice.

A little more length for church. Also pictured, the plaid demons.

As my week comes to a close (not fast enough), I'm looking back and realizing that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was nice to do something different, and I'm not gonna lie and say that I hated the attention (but I'm not gonna turn into an attention whore anytime soon. I'll not be plastering anything with self-shots.) As I mentioned in the last post, I do some really random "girl" things. One of them is collect (yes, collect, as in buy them just to have them) formal dresses. I picked this one up in Seoul last weekend.

Party in the front, longer party in the back.
While I do like the way it looks, I can't ever see myself wearing it in public.  In my mind, there are a ton of times that I'll need a dress like this, but I know that I'm just rationalizing. Truth is: I just wanted to have it. $25 and an entertaining conversation with a good-looking salesman. How was I supposed to put it back and walk away, huh?! What I could NOT rationalize, however, was paying $199 for some 8-inch stilts. Yes, it felt like I was walking on elevated pillows. Yes, they made me wonderfully tall. Yes, the salesman was ridiculously hot (on a side note: South Korea, stop doing that! Give me a girl salesperson, or an ugly one,...or at least one that's too young or old for me!...dirty dirty tactics) But he (and they) weren't hot, tall or comfortable enough to warrant triple digits.

Re-reading that last paragraph and the previous posts from the week is a bit strange for me. I can actually "see" myself softening and getting girlier as the week progresses. Thank God tomorrow it's over. I need a drink and some pants, quick!

2 comments:

  1. As one of my friends once said: "Freedom is just another word for not wearing pants."

    In your case, I would modify that and say "Freedom is just another word FOR wearing pants!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine Given4/21/2013 11:19 PM

    The green dress is to die for! Love it =]

    ReplyDelete