Visitors

April 14, 2013

Week 4 D-1

I start wearing skirts and dresses tomorrow.

I know that I'm the one who signed myself up for it, but I'm not sure I can really go through with it.

Why the self-doubt already? Well, it's quite simple, actually. Because of some schedule changes, I won't be leaving Seoul until tomorrow morning. That means going out in a dress in Seoul..."So, what's the problem? Big freaking deal, KiteGirl..." Actually, it is.

I'm meeting someone for the first time tomorrow, on the way back to Jeonju. Being the strange, strange creature that I am, I have a few "rules" for when I first meet someone.
1) Don't try too hard. (Too much effort indicates too much interest)

2) Don't LOOK like you're trying too hard (They can sense that crap from a mile away)

3) Don't look like you're trying to not try (If you're gonna do it, just do it...no sense half-assing it)

4) No Dresses (See Number 1)
(Not-so) Quick note about Number 1....When I say "trying too hard" I mean, I don't want someone to look at me and be able to comfortably say "She's going on a date" or "she's going to meet someone for the first time". I want to look like my normal self, with maybe a hint  of extra effort. "But KiteGirl! when you meet someone for the first time, you want to make a good impression". I know that. I've been to college and gone on several job interviews. You are presenting an image when you do that. I want to present an image of myself as I am. Relatively low-key when it comes to clothing. I felt kinda ripped off when, with a previous boyfriend, when we were first meeting, he'd wear a button-down and some nice jeans. After we'd met a few times, he switched to his "normal" wear: ratty t-shirts and jeans that look like they've NEVER been washed. (Turns out its because they weren't...22 years old and DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO DO HIS OWN LAUNDRY). With that said, I don't want to meet someone for the first time in a skirt, heels, jewelry and full facepaint.

Another side story (Yep...)
I met someone not long ago, and broke my first rule and definitely tried too hard. The effort was wasted, and I was actually (no joke) pissed off that I wasted eyeliner on that so-and-so. I wore heels, and a blazer, facepaint and PINK (and I'm not a fan of that color.) As soon as I saw him, I wanted to smack myself for taking so much time to get ready. I even did my freaking NAILS! (Though I do enjoy that. I used to do it almost every day in university)


ANYWAYS...let's get back to the ORIGINAL train of thought, shall we?
I'm meeting him (yes it's a "he") and I'll be even more uncomfortable than I already am because I'll be in a skirt. I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. I don't want to meet him and have him thinking 'this is how she always looks...nice' because it's not! The end.


I love high heels because I am short. I hate skirts because they aren't pants. That is all.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment