Visitors

April 19, 2013

No Pants, Day 5

Why hello there, the end of the week. Now that I've almost made it through the hard part, all I have to do is get through the weekend and then I'll be free....oh wait. THAT'S A DIRTY DIRTY LIE!

Skirts are not warm! They are not functional! I was, at 10am, in bed in a Snuggie, Forever Lazy and footie pajamas (because I'm that kind of awesome), dreading getting out of bed *again* and putting on something that wouldn't properly protect me from the cold. Yes, yes, I know. People in cold regions still wear dresses. But guess what? Theirs are DESIGNED for such weather. I've done the shorts and leggings dealie, but those were FLEECE. Also, because I'm likely one of the least graceful and delicate girls you'll ever meet, if I can wear leggings twice without killing them, consider it an achievement! Anyways, because of that I didn't want to get out of bed.

I do like the lack of ripping, though. It's much harder to destroy a skirt.  I was looking at some old pictures and realized that most of the jeans in them are no more. They've moved on to denim heaven (or hell, depending on when they decided to die on me...) Just for kicks, I'll tell you a few of my more "memorable" denim deaths.

  • A pair of Delia's flares that I'd had for maybe a year and some change.
Being the incredibly mature and forward-thinking person I am, I decided it'd be a good idea to slide down the (painted cement) handrail at work. It was fun, and the kids did it too. If you did it just right and got enough speed, you could get some serious air and hook around the corner. I did that one day....got some air, stuck the landing....and felt a breeze. The friction from the handrail had finally done my threadbare jeans in....right before class. So I biked home and changed.

  • The most expensive jeans I've ever paid for. 
$98 at Coax (my favorite polo shirt store). They fit okay, but it was my first year in Korea and I was desperate for some pants. I'm not a stick, I can't fit most of the jeans here. First day I EVER wore them...I swung my leg over my bike seat and caught the side, ripping the leg from one side of the knee clean over to the other. From there it just went downhill.

  • My favorite low-rises that didn't drag the ground or hang too low. 
There's a pretty big difference between my waist and my butt. I often get the dreaded "butt gap"...I can actually fit a soda bottle in the back of my jeans (sad story). Anyways, I hate belts, so I'm usually just tugging on my jeans to keep them up. I tugged a bit too hard and ripped off the entire belt loop...and a good part of the denim it was attached to.

I can't wear skirts for long, anyways. The feeling of denim choking the life out of my legs is the only way I know to lay off the cheez whiz and fried pork sandwiches. Without that, how will I know until it's too late?!

What's this? I'm kinda enjoying this a little...the song, I mean.


Couldn't pass up the chance to wear SOMETHING denim...the heels didn't come out until AFTER work...no stilts at school!




3 comments:

  1. At least you're willing to do so. Even if it makes you uncomfortable, you're willing to show that you are willing to dress up a bit for whatever reason.

    And if someone doesn't like you for wearing the casual stuff, then stuff them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is my favorite outfit, you look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete